Description-Academy of Engineering & Technology (AET)
Academy of Engineering and Technology aka AET, opened in the Fall of 2016 at Tuscarora High School in Loudoun County. All residents of Loudoun County who met the following criteria are eligible to apply at AET:
The following criteria will be used in the admissions process to determine selection for one of the AET pathways and admission for the 2017-18 SY.
- Successful completion of Geometry by end of 8th grade (students who plan to take Geometry in summer school or Virtual Loudoun-Term 2 cannot be considered)
- Student in good standing, passed all courses
- 7th grade Mathematics SOL scores*
- California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory scores, CCTDI, (given in LCPS middle schools on the first week of December)
- Writing Prompt scores (given in LCPS middle schools on the first week of December)
- Interest Statement (given in LCPS middle schools on the first week of December)
- AET pathway choice
*Private & home school students applying to the AET will be given a Mathematics assessment, the date and location TBD.
Please click below on the courses that we offer for AET applicants.