Academy of Science, aka AOS, is a well known as a Science Magnet School in Loudoun County. Unlike the TJHSST, AOS students attend school on alternating days taking science, math, and research courses at the Academy, and the rest of the subjects in the base school on other days.
First Round Criteria
- Successful completion of Algebra by end of 8th grade
- Review of Academic Record
- STEM Thinking Skills Assessment
- California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory scores (CCTDI)
Final Round Criteria
- California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST-N)
- Letters of Recommendation from eighth grade math and science teachers (automated process through admissions portal for LCPS students)
- Writing Assessment
We can guide you with the entire process, from first round to the final round. Join our CCTDI and STEM Skills Assessment Practice Test With Discussion.
STEM Thinking Skills Assessment measures:
- STEM Reasoning Overall
- Out-of-the-Box Algebra
- Spatial-Relational Thinking
- Scientific Thinking
- Tech Logic
CCTDI measures the critical thinking mindset:
- Confidence in Reasoning
- Maturity of Judgment
CCTST-N measures aptitude to solve quantitative reasoning problems and to make well-reasoned judgments derived from quantitative information in a variety of contexts. The test categories are:
First Round: Join our CCTDI and STEM Skills Practice Test and Review.
Semifinal Round: We offer CCTST-N and Writing Workshop classes.
CCTDI, STEM Thinking Skills Assessment and CCTST-N are registered trademarks of Insights Assessment and does not in any way connected to Young Scholars Circle.
Click on the plus (+) button to expand the courses that we offer.