This course’s goal is for your child to go from a Pass to a Pass Advanced (42 out of 50) in the Math 7 SOL to qualify for Algebra 1 Honors placement in 7th grade. This will allow your child to identify his or her individual strengths and weakness by the use of differentiated groups broken down by Standards of Learning specific to your students needs. We will be able to complete practice questions and create study guides for their trouble areas. Learn the format of the test, the test language, and the testing environment. Your child will be able to complete sample questions to learn the functions on the computer testing app.
Class Schedule: Three-month course is preferable since your student is targeting a Pass Advanced score, not just Pass. Re-enrollment means that your student will get fresh new materials, and will be able to dig in deeper and master the concepts that he/she needs help with.
Course Content and Standards Covered
We will cover everything on the Virginia Standards of Learning Math 7 SOL Test Blueprint. We will group students based on their instructional needs and the three reporting categories of Math 7 SOL Blueprint.
1. Number, Number Sense & Computation
2. Measurement & Geometry
3. Probability, Statistics, Patterns, Functions & Algebra
- Assessment broken down by Math 7 Standards, Benchmarks and Indicators
- Identification of strengths & weaknesses
- Practice based on individual needs
- Completion of study guides created by YSC
- Formulate step by step process in child’s area of weakness
- Online Environment Practice Test (laptops needed)
- Full-length practice test completion
- Going over the test and finding which areas are still difficult
- Practice Test for reassessment and mastery
$165 per 90-minute session
$560 for four 90-minute sessions ($100 savings)
$1020 for eight 90-minute sessions ($300 savings)
$1975 for sixteen 90-minute sessions ($665 savings)