Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) are for grades 7, 8 or 9 who wish to apply to New York City’s Specialized High Schools. The only qualifying test for the nine Specialized High Schools is the SHSAT. All applicants must take the SHSAT and rank their choices of schools in order of preference.
All our materials are updated to simulate the new SHSAT test format and content changes!
Featuring the Redesigned SHSAT Tests: Math with Grid-In Computational Questions & the new ELA!
Taught by licensed teachers that specialize in Math & English/Language Arts!
- Test-Taking Strategies. Research-based strategies on teaching, specifically designed for gifted students
- Realistic Practice: Get a feel of how the real test would look like in a simulated testing environment on a content developed by our own team of licensed teachers.
- No Skill-Gap! Includes assigned homework every session so your child can practice at home and retain the skills taught in the previous lesson and prepare for the next lesson.
- Progress Monitored: Track your child’s progress though computerized analytics which results from quizzes, timed practice tests and 4 full-length practice tests (3 Full-Length Tests and One Full-Length Subject Test).
- Individualized: Students are further grouped based on the results of their diagnostic test scores. Instructions are tailored to your child’s score goals, strengths and needs.
- Unmatched Expertise: Learn from the best! Licensed teachers who are adept in adolescent development specializing in Math, English & Language Arts.
We have three types of test prep:
- Comprehensive Class. This is perfect for those students who need mastery of the content, format and test language of the new and redesigned SHSAT Math & ELA.
- Intensive Prep. If your child wants to focus only on either Math or ELA.
- Timed/Mock Test. For everyone who wants to retain the skills that they’ve learned. This is also great to build test stamina, reduce anxiety, boost score by minimizing carelessness.
See the courses below.