The Iowa Algebra Aptitude Test (IAAT) assesses students’ readiness for Algebra 1. This test, while usually taken by 7th and 8th graders, can also be administered to younger students looking to get ahead in school. Our state-licensed teachers can hep ambitious, talented students prepare to ace the IAAT.
- Initial assessment on the first day, embedded in the class
- Zooming in on the skills that the child missed, based on the diagnostic results
- Continuous teaching, front loading of concepts and strategies covered in the test
- Guided, independent, and timed practice of skills, for accuracy and speed
- Re-assessment of tests, then go back to step 2
- Practice sets for homework and follow up
- Timed Full-Length Practice Tests
- Maximum of 12 students (Adaptive and Individualized Instruction)
- Learn the strategies and test taking techniques in all 4 categories of IAAT
Summer Schedule -Tuesday nights at 6:30 to 8:30pm
Summer 1 – July 10, 17, 24 & 31, 2018
Summer 2 – Aug 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2018
Session 1 – Diagnostic Test. Content Instruction, Format and Test-taking Strategies. Homework.
Session 2 – Review Homework. Content Instruction, Strategy Front loading. Homework.
Session 3 – Homework Review. Content Instruction, Strategy Front loading. Discussion and In-depth Strategy Instruction on Automaticity and Speed. Test-taking Skills. Individual Student Conferences. Homework.
Session 4 – Homework Review. Discussion and In-depth Strategy Instruction on Automaticity and Speed. Test-taking Skills. Individual Student Conferences.