TJHSST (Thomas Jefferson High School For Science and Technology) is one of the country’s best STEM high school located in Northern Virginia. Our comprehensive TJ prep class helps prepare junior high students for the rigorous, competitive TJ admissions tests.
TJHSST Comprehensive Class (current 7th graders)
Enrich your skills early on! Get ahead of the game with our TJ Prep class. Maximum of 12 students per class.
“Poor test preparation and lack of test-wiseness results in test scores that do not accurately reflect the students’ knowledge and aptitude.” (Scruggs and Mastroprierri, 2000)
Our TJ prep course is taught by state-licensed teachers that specialize in Math, Science, Reading & Writing!
- Boost your English, Science and Math grades. We will teach concepts that you haven’t learned at school yet.
- Read like a writer. Learn the research-based techniques and goals of writers that will help you increase your reading comprehension, speed and stamina.
- Boost your critical reading skills. Learn the revolutionary reading strategies that you can apply for life. These skills are likewise applicable to passages in SSAT, PSAT, ACT and SAT.
- Learn experimental design solutions to problems. Look at experiments with a critical and analytical perspectives to solve problems.
- Learn various essay writing genres. You will love writing this time! Learn how to detect different types of prompts and write essays for TJHSST, AOS and AET.
- Boost your Math Problem Solving Skills. Learn the art of math problem solving.
- Enhance your Science analytical skills. Learn how to answer those tricky constructed responses in Science Aspire and look at experiments differently.
- Test-Taking Strategies. Develop time-management skills and organizational skills.
- Realistic Practice. Get a feel of how the real tests would look like in a simulated-testing environment on a content developed and compiled by our own team of state licensed teachers and curriculum developers.
- Progress Monitored. Track your progress on specific topics and areas though quizzes, guided practice, independent practice, assignments and tpractice tests.
- Customized. Tailored to your score goals, strengths and needs. Instructions are adapted to your child’s learning needs.
- Unmatched expertise. Learn from the state-licensed teachers specializing in Language Arts and STEM.
- Weekly Assignments for Concept/Skills & Reinforcement.
The TJ Admissions has changed to Holistic Process. TJ prep is not as simple as it used to be, but we have you covered. The new tests require far more analytical and critical thinking skills that your children get from their classrooms. Most of these skills are high school standards.
See the Class Timings Here
Student Dashboards. All homework, quizzes and practice tests are housed on a student dashboard for tracking and progress monitoring purposes. All our materials are only made available for enrolled students for proprietary reasons. We can also accommodate one on one tutoring at an extra cost.
Missed Classes. All the TJ prep materials and class notes are housed on the student dashboards so your student can go back to it at anytime. Our sessions are recorded and will be made available on the Young Scholars Circle dashboard for enrolled students.
*All students need to bring their own fully-charged laptop to classes.