Quant Q Intensive
This course is an intensive preparation for Quant Q- TJ Math; an ideal class for students who desire to score high in the upcoming Quant Q-TJ Math exam on November 18th. Within the course, the student will do timed practice on each category of Quant Q. The set of questions here are fresh and different from the TJ Comprehensive Class.
Quant Q Math Categories Covered in Class:
- Pattern Recognition
- Probability and Combinatorics
- Out of the Box Algebra
- Geometry and Optimization
Topics in Math Intensive Classes that are not covered in the TJ Comprehensive Class:
- Selected topics on Algebra 2
- Selected topics on Advanced Geometry
- Selected topics on Trigonometry
- Selected topics on PreCalc
- Selected topics on High School Statistics
- Selected topics on Integral Calculus
- Word Problem Applications (Multiple HS Subjects)
Fall Class Structure – 8 hours for 4 consecutive weeks for $698
Four consecutive weeks taught by state licensed math teachers who have in-depth knowledge of grades 7-12 students. This course starts with a Math mock/diagnostic test every first session followed by explicit focus lessons, strategy conferences and timed practice tests for progress monitoring.
- Zoom in on the math skills that your child needs
- Monitor your child’s progress in Math until he/she achieves his/her ideal score
- New Math questions every week
- Timed-tests with live discussion
- Boost your child’s score, automaticity and speed
- Identify your child’s areas of needs and work from there
Quant Q Intensive Saturdays at 9;00 to 11:00 am
Students are grouped together based on the current Math subjects that they are taking at school and their diagnostic test scores.
Session 1 – Explicit focus lessons on Pattern Recognition and Probability and Combinatorics, guided practice, followed by timed practice tests.
Session 2 – Explicit focus lessons on Out of the Box Algebra and Geometry and Optimization, guided practice, followed by practice tests.
Session 3 -Strategic review of all four Quant-Q categories.
Session 4 – Math Quant Q Mock Test. Post test review and strategies.
Fees: $698 per subject for 4 consecutive sessions.
Young Scholars Circle created different sets of mock tests for Comprehensive, Intensive and Weekly Mock Tests.