Academies of Loudoun Writing Assessment
Do you know how to choose your extracurricular activities and accomplishments and align them with the Academies of Loudoun’s Mission Statement?
Learn how to write a powerful essay within thirty (30) minutes. We teach using the authentic writing workshop process where there is a balance of explicit focus lessons and student individual conference. We use secure break out rooms to confer with students individually. This will prepare your students beyond the Academies of Loudoun Writing Assessment and other private high school essay test.
It will enhance your student’s writing skills that will help him/her develop excellent essay for summer internships, scholarships, and college applications. The strategies that your student will learn from this will definitely go beyond the Academies of Loudoun admissions.
Some of the things your student will learn:
- How to analyze some essay drafts of our past successful AOL students
- How to highlight his/her experiences, skills, strengths, and portray his/her limitations as strengths
- How to create a “niche” and highlight his/her uniqueness as an individual
- Distinguish differences between the “laundry list” and the details of STEM extracurricular activities
- How to make decisions on which activities, experience, skills and background to highlight
- Ideas, organization, voice, word choice, and sentence fluency flow of your personal statement
- How to answer short essay questions similar to college admission essays
- How to write quality essays in thirty (30) minutes
Maximum of 8 students per class.
Writing Assessment Prep Class Schedule
Thursday afternoons at 6:00pm to 8:00 pm – Sept. 10 & 17, Oct 1, Oct 8, 15 & 22 , 2020
All students will need to have their own Google drive accounts. Writing assignments will be assigned per class meeting and revisions will be done and discussed during the class.