Students meet individually with the instructor for a minimum of two sessions. During the first session, the instructor discusses each student’s goals and objectives relative to the writing the student wants to complete. Similar essays will be reviewed and deconstructed to review the elements. Students will write under the guidance of the instructor, and then independently. Writing will be reviewed, edited, and revised. Then, additional sessions are scheduled to refine the essay. As needed, additional sessions may be scheduled for other topics or further refinement.
Writing elements that are reviewed through the writing and revision process include the following:
- Ideas must come from the student’s thinking about the topic and research about it.
- Organization depends on the type of writing.
- Voice is the writer’s personality expressed through the writing.
- Word choice means the right word for the precise meaning to be conveyed.
- Sentence fluency is about the way sentences are connected throughout the writing.
- Conventions or the mechanics of writing relate to the grammatical structures.
Requirements: Laptop, Gmail account, print out or electronic version of information related to the writing assignment, competition or submissions for publication.
Schedule – by Appointment.
Requirement for Enrollment: Initial enrollment of 2-session minimum for two consecutive weeks. The rest of the scheduled sessions can be scheduled after a month or on the agreed time frame of the student and instructor.
$125 – for 1 hour
$450 — for 4 hours ($50 savings)
$895 — for 8 hours ($105 savings)
$1,350 — for 12 hours ($150 savings)