Reflective Essay for TJHSST applicants
- All TJHSST semifinalists will be tested with reflective essay (Student-Authored Information Sheet) and math problem solving essay in the final round.
All TJ semifinalists will respond to three questions in ninety (90) minutes, using only 1650 characters.
In this workshop, we will show some writing samples done by our past successful TJHSST and AOL semifinalists who went through the same process and made it to the final round.
At the end of the course, students will learn:
- How to choose STEM activities to highlight.
- How to craft an essay in 1650 characters, in 30 minutes.
- How to put details in their activities as required by the TJ admissions.
- How to write a personal statement in 1650 characters, in 30 minutes.
- How to write a problem solving essay, 3700 characters in 30 minutes.
- How to organize your thoughts and respond to math problem solving prompts.
We teach students strategies about how to reflect, organize and develop ideas on one’s own experiences in a narrative format; we also help students analyze varied reflective essays.
Fees must be paid in full at the time of enrollment to avail of the discounted price. Bring a fully charged laptop to classes at all times.