In this writing workshop, we will show some writing samples done by our past successful TJHSST applicants.
Some of the things your students will learn:
- How to align the TJ Mission Statements and Beliefs to your Student Portrait Sheet.
- Analyze some Student Information Sheet (SIS) drafts of our past successful TJ semifinalists
- How to highlight your strengths, and use your limitations as strengths
- How to create a “niche” and highlight your uniqueness as an individual
- Distinguish differences between the “laundry list” and the details of your extracurricular activities
- How to make decisions on which activities to highlight
- Ideas, organization, voice, word choice, and sentence fluency flow of your personal statement
- How to answer short essay questions similar to college admission essays
- Strategies on writing quality essays
We teach students strategies about how to reflect, organize and develop ideas on one’s own experiences in a narrative format; we also help students analyze varied reflective essays.
Live Online Class. Maximum of 10 students.
Class 1 – Four Mondays and two Thursday afternoons from 4:45 pm to 6:45 pm. Jan 18, 25 28, and Feb 1, 4 & 8 2021.
Class 2 – Feb 11, 15, 18, 22, 25 and Mar 1, 2021 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm.