Featuring the new set of TJ Tests: Math, Science & Reading
Taught by licensed teachers specializing in Math, Science & Reading!
TJHSST Comprehensive Class (current 6th & 7th graders, rising 7th & 8th graders)
Enrich your skills early on! Get ahead of the game. Maximum of 12 students per class.
Taught by state-licensed teachers that specialize in Math, Science, Reading & Writing!
- Boost your English, Science, Math and Social Studies grades. We will teach concepts that you haven’t learned at school yet.
- Read like a writer. Learn the research-based techniques and goals of writers that will help you increase your reading comprehension, speed and stamina. If you hate reading in the past, you will like it this time!
- Boost your critical reading skills. Learn the revolutionary reading strategies that you can apply for life. These skills are likewise applicable to passages in SSAT, PSAT, ACT and SAT.
- Learn experimental design solutions to problems. Look at experiments with a critical and analytical perspectives to solve problems.
- Learn insightful reading constructed responses. These are the skills that will help you score high in Reading Aspire and SAT.
- Learn various essay writing genres. You will love writing this time! Learn how to detect different types of prompts and write essays for TJHSST, AOS and AET semifinal rounds within 30 minutes.
- Boost your Math Problem Solving Skills. You will not only learn the test format and content of Math Quant Q but strategies, techniques and the art of math problem solving. Learn in advance some Geometry, Algebra 2, PreCalc and other selected high school math concepts.
- Enhance your Science analytical skills. Learn how to answer those tricky constructed responses in Science Aspire and look at experiments differently.
- Test-Taking Strategies. Develop time-management skills and organizational skills that you can apply in Reading & Science Aspire, Math Quant Q, PSAT, SSAT, ACT and SAT.
- Realistic Practice. Get a feel of how the real tests would look like in a simulated-testing environment on a content developed and compiled by our own team of state licensed teachers and curriculum developers.
- Progress Monitored. Track your progress on specific topics and areas though quizzes, guided practice, independent practice, assignments and three full-length practice tests.
- Customized. Tailored to your score goals, strengths and needs. Instructions are adapted to your child’s learning needs.
- Unmatched expertise. Learn from the state-licensed teachers specializing in Math, Reading & Science.
- Free Counseling. Counseling on the TJ Final Round Process and the complexity of the Teacher Recommendations. We have developed a support system that helped our successful applicants in the past to get into the final round! We will honestly give you an assessment where your child’s skills are compared to the average norm, and if your child’s skills would be suitable for a rigorous STEM school.
- 3 FREE TJ Mock Test Score Boosters ($495 value). Simulation of the actual testing environment. Students take the tests on Saturdays (5-8pm) and discuss them on Sundays (5-7pm). Reduce carelessness and anxiety. Build test stamina. Learn more.
- 3 weeks of Assignments for Concept/Skills & Reinforcement. Each student will be assigned 3 weeks of assignments per subject to reinforce the concepts and skills learned in class.
The new sets of the TJ Admissions tests have changed. The new tests require far more analytical and critical thinking skills that your children get from their classrooms. Most of these skills are high school standards.
3 Full Length Mock Tests (12 hours) outside of the class hours – Reading Aspire, Science Aspire, Math Quant Q, Math Problem Solving Essay and Student-Authored Information Sheet.
Timings – 8 months (Nov 5 to June 24, 2017 and April 7 to Nov 10, 2018) of in-depth and customized instruction tailored to your needs (current 7th graders)
Class Timings – Section 1 is ongoing; Section 2 will start on April 7 to Nov 10, 2018
First Semester (Section 1)
Class Timings – mostly Saturdays at 9:00-11:00 am
Month 1 – Nov 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2017 (Saturdays)
Month 2 – Dec 2, 9, 16 & Dec 30, 2017 (Saturdays)
Month 3 -Jan 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2018 (Saturdays)
Month 4 – Feb 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2018 (Saturdays)
Mock Test 2 (Midterm): Mar 2, 2018 at 5:30-9:30pm (both sections)
Month 5 – Mar 3, 10, 16 & 23 (Friday at 7pm to 9pm)
April 7, 2018 is the TJ Open House. We require all our students to attend this event. This will help you write your SIS personal statement.
Month 6 – Apr. 8 (4:00-6:00pm), 14, 21 & 28, 2018
Month 7 – May 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2018
Month 8 – June 2, 9, 16 & 23, 2018
Mock Test 3 (Finals): June 27, 2018, Wednesday at 5:00 to 9:00pm
Spring & Summer Schedule (current 6th graders, rising 7th and current 7th, rising 8th)
Saturdays during the school year and Wednesdays during the summer
First Semester (Section 2)
Month 1 – Apr. 8 (4:00-6:00pm), 14, 21 & 28, 2018
Month 2 – May 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2018
Month 3 – June 2, 9, 16 & 20 (Wednesday at 7:00-9:00pm)
Month 4 – June 23 (Saturday at 9:00-11:00am) & June 27, July 11 & 18 (Three Wednesdays at 7:00-9:00pm)
Midterm Exam – July 20, 2018, Friday at 6:00-9:00pm
Second Semester (Section 2)
Month 5 – July 25, Aug 1, 8, 15, 2018 (Wednesdays at 7:00-9:00 pm)
Month 6 – Aug 22 & 29 (Two Wednesdays at 7:00-9:00pm) Sept 1 & 8, 2018 (Two Saturdays at 9:00 -11:00 am)
Month 7 – Sept 15, 22 & 29, Oct 6, 2018, Saturdays at 9:00-11:00 am
Month 8 – Oct 13, 20 & 27, Nov 3, 2018, Saturdays at 9:00-11:00 am
Finals- Nov 10, 2018, Saturday at 9:00 am-12:00 noon